Although we are run as a non profit school we do have independent status and as such we feel it is very important to deliver 'outreach' that is wider than the immediate school community. These services are delivered by the Nurture Room team and you can contact Hannah directly by email or call the school to book places at the group which are open to all - not just those attending the school .
These two companies form 'Bravura Surrey' and have been operational for 6 years. Our proprietor is one of the Directors. Vidar delivers more corporate services (which we have not covered here) with Big Bear covering more of the educational services and educational outreach. You can find out more by visiting their website www.bravura.info or calling 01483 892213
But below is a brief outline of just some of the services on offer!
1) R-OUT-ES (REACH - OUT- ENJOY & SUCCEED) from Big Bear Bepoke Education. Aged 17 - 25? Think your anxiety will prevent you accessing college? - think again.
Taking place Monday to Wednesday on site in our bright, airy conference room, with further outreach services on a Thursday and Friday. Both private and EHCP referrals are welcome.
For students who are registered with a college course but need more support in order to attend. This means that colleges are able to take students who academically are capable of a course, but whose mental, emotional and behavioural needs are beyond their usual counselling services. This is educational as well as mental-health support, and we can enhance their college course by supporting with aligned diploma level tuition, maths and English re-takes, as well as working on life skills and anxiety needs. Each package is totally bespoke but tends to include:
1) tuition and educational support (we can support a wide range of courses)
2) Additional diploma level study
3) AQA Action awards and life skills training
4) 1:1 Therapy
5) In college training and support for staff as needed
6) Fully assisted and accompanied work experience
7) Visits to college with the student, helping them to keep up with work assignments and access areas of college life that their associated needs would prevent them from doing otherwise.
Working either with home educating families or those that would otherwise be missing from education due to exclusion or high anxiety needs. Our specialist(s) will travel to you and provide:
1) Interest-led academic certified tuition
2) Mental health support
3) Social skills and life skills training
4) Access to psychology and therapy support
We are happy to take self-funding and LEA funding referrals in the Surrey area. We also have support mechanisms on the Hampshire boarder (Aldershot / Farnborough) This kind of work is specialist and intensive and we aim to provide a quality service, so prices do reflect that. Prices are usually around £60 - £80 per hour including VAT. Support for Ages 4 - 18
In addition to the above we also run an all-age 'Saturday School' at the Arun Court School Building where children can experience a very small educational experience as a 'step' towards school re-entry or just for a chance to take part in some group learning in a different environment. Call us for the latest dates.
We provide heavily subsidized courses for teachers, ELSAs, T.As and other professionals including our totally FREE monthly Surrey Pastoral Network Meetings which provide supervision for pastural staff from our clinical psychologist.
In school support. We always work in teams with an educational and mental health representative. Schools requiring it can have a clinical psychologist visit, without having to wait for an NHS referral. We can visit nurseries, schools and settings to provide:
1) Support with student behaviour
2) Support in creating a school curriculum where mental health is at the centre - leading to outstanding student development
3) Support and training in specific areas of mental health including suicide and self harm, OCD, PTSD
4) Leadership coaching, support for underperforming staff, support for staff with mental health needs, in-house regular group supervision meetings for those working in pastoral roles
Again, due to our corporate partnerships scheme, these services are very cost-effective starting at just £240 for half a day of support.
We provide courses for professials held at our conference room in Bramley or at your own venue. Due to our corporate partnerships initiative with Vidar we provide these at extremely low prices- around £40 per attendee.
SOURCES OF HELP
These services are not associated with us. We are not responsible for the quality of service they provide, we are recommending them based on the positive experiences of some young people known to us. By inclusion in this list nor are we suggesting that we are in any way affiliated with these servcies.
ANXIETY UK - Support, online counselling, magazine, advice
Text line: 07537416905
Info line: 03444775774
A magazine packed full of useful articles around not just ASD, but the mental health aspects associated with it - fascinating reading and lots of signalling to specialist support.
Website provides support for young people, professionals and parents. Young people who feel they are having a mental health crisis can get instant emergency support by texting YM to 85258
OCD UK - advice, online counselling, support and magazine. Dedicated youth services.
PAPYRUS - suicide prevention young people's hotline 0800 068 41 41
An eating disorder support service - smaller than some of the bigger associations, but specifically aimed at young people.